Tuesday 17 April 2012

It's been some time!

The reason that I have called this blog 'It's been some time' is due to the plain simple reason of 'It's been some time' since I made my last post!

I have been thinking about what I should write for ages now but then every time I came up with something I was just too lazy to sit down and write!

Anyway what has been happening I hear you say please tell us what you have been doing!
Well the plain simple answer is 'Not A Lot' to quote Paul Daniel's catch phrase. By the way Paul Daniels was a TV magician who appeared on British TV in the late 1980's early 1990's on a Saturday evening hosting a light entertainment show that contained comedy, interviews and of course magic! At that point in time there was still only 4 terrestrial TV channels to watch, and Sky TV along with BSB had only just launched.

So returning back to my blog - What have I been up too? Well I started to learn Italian with a company called City Lit. Well the course was OK in a way but at the same time I was not happy with the outcome, but people keep telling me it takes time to learn a language so I have swapped school and have resumed my lessons....in fact last night was my first one and it went well. I also enjoyed it far more better!

Where I work has gone through yet another re-organisation and there is yet another one due in the autumn. I can understand where these two reorganisations are taking place but it is very frustrating and totally distroys staff moral as they do not know where to turn. But hey a change of Goverment has brought about this set of changes as they want to make their mark!
Take for instance the UK railways. A few years ago now the EU made a law requiring each country in the EU had to open their railways so companies like SNCF could run a train from say Rome all the way up to Glasgow and that there should be a separate company responsible for the tracks. Well in countries like Germany the government created DB Rail and a company DB transport (or near enough to that standard) but both companies are still owned by the German government like wise a simulate situation has occurred in France.....But here in the UK the Conservative government of the 1990's chose to totally privatise British Rail. Now not many people knows this but at the time of Privatisation British Rail used to have the largest privately owned Telecom network other the British Telecom. Well the British Rail Telecom Network was one of the first assets to be sold off from the railway that has meant that the Uk Rail Network has since that point had to hire telecom bandwidths from a private company who now owns the original railway telecoms network!!!
Anyway over the last 5-6 year Network Rail has now had to build a totally new telecoms network from scratch just so in the long term it can save money!

Similar situations will have occurred in the case of the NHS, Employment Services and other areas where the government has partly outsourced departments so leading to the fragmenting departments which in turn lead to higher costs, and also the weakness to be taken over by companies that only want to line their own pockets.
Now don't get me wrong I am not against privatisation, but I believe that there are certain companies or organisations that are best run by the people who know their business from top to bottom but who are willing to hear and explore new ideas, and also should stay within government control but at the same time the government should allow them to run without to much interference!

I could carry on so much more about this subject but I shall leave off that for now!

So what else has been happening?

Still in the News is the Euro and the issues in different countries that are a part of the union. I think that this is going to be a very long drawn out story and it will be nearer 2015 before things settle down.
It was 100 year ago that the unsinkable ship sank so there has been loads of news stories about that.
Then if you listen to Italian Radio you will have heard that the former Primeminister of Italy Mr Berlusconi is in the courts at the moment over some sort of sex scandals it's a shame that I could not understand the news properly as then I could have blogged more about it!

Well next Month I am off to a city that for the past 150 years has been a part of France prior to that it was Italian and called Nizza or these days called Nice.

To be honest I am not looking forward to this break as the Hotel does not have the best write up and it's the first holiday that we are not booking as a package. Well we will see how we get on and I will report back after my trip.

Of course that is still near enough a month away so I may well add a new blog before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment